Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sesame Chicken & Platform Shoes


I was too worried by the end of the day yesterday, so first thing this morning was a visit to Dr. Meehan, my main man. Luckily, my fear of a sinus infection (which is what I usually end up with) was unfounded and I was merely diagnosed with a cold. Whew! Little worried there.

Then it was of to T.O.Dey's for the fitting. We're still trying to get the big platform boots right for the end of the show, and today (I think) we solved it. Funniest part was seeing other customers watch me try them on, to which one commented, "Nice boots."
I responded, "People pay $120 a night to see me wear these boots!"

Next was the photo shoot. A lot of set ups, but I was only in three of them. The first two were of the three Dad's arrival, a moment of joy and exuberance. The second was a bit more reflective as the Dad's sing "Thank You For The Music" with "Sophie" (Alyse). Then there was a long wait (nearly two hours) before Allison and I did the shot for "Take A Chance". I was not very pleased with these shots, mainly because of my positioning, so that's my own fault. We'll see how they turn out - actually everyone will because these are the pictures for the front of the theater!

Got through that, had a long dinner break - what happened to all the good Chinese food spots in the theater district? No good Sesame Chicken anymore? Kam Wei, West Side Cottage, they're all GONE! - then back for the evening show.

It's funny how, even sick and feeling under the weather, it's not hard to get it together and do this show. It's hard not to get caught up in the exuberance each and every time. The hard part is the fall after. Coming down from the high after the show takes a little bit of time, and I'm not getting to bed till nearly 1am, which is hard when I have to get up at 6:30 to take kids to school.

Ah well, an actors life for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment