Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Brazilians Are Coming!

Astonishing to me that 25years into this business (the allotted time for an actor to fully develop, according to David Mamet) I can still feel like an impostor and completely insignificant.  A shocking admission, I know, but sometimes I just feel like I've worked so hard to get where I am, and then I ask myself, "Where am I?"  Working on Broadway, yes, but then what? Security? Happiness.  I ask myself these questions and then, of course can only answer them with a resounding "Yes"! (Well, maybe not yes to job security, but in this economy I'm doing okay.)
Wednesday night on Broadway, but feels like a Monday since yesterday was day off. Again, no day off as I spent it with my son at the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx.  Too close to the Yankees for comfort.
But I digress - what a 180° turn from LAST Wednesday audience.  This one?  Alive!  Vibrant!  Really into the show!
And it showed after, as well.  Walked out the stage door to resounding applause and a very appreciative group of Brazilian fans.  Most from Sao Paolo, some from Rio de Janiero, they were gaga over the show.  Gross generalization here, but the girls all seems gorgeous and the guys all swarthy and suave and debonair.  All were effusive in their enthusiasm,and that can make a long night of Swedish pop songs more than bearable, ebullient!

No comments:

Post a Comment