Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Feelin' It!


I've been challenged to more posting, less words. Let's try it this week and see how it goes.

Biggest problem starting this weeks performance schedule is the MASSIVE sinus headache that woke me up at 4am. My head was pounding and I was feelin' it. I spent the day trying to rest, worrying how I would feel by tonight's curtain. Happy to report by the end of the day I was still tired and feeling the effects of stuffed sinus' (sini?) but the show went great. I'm starting to feel solid in the gig now - solid enough to know that if I screw up - a line, a move, whatever (which I do often!) - I can quickly correct it and get back on track. Besides, the show is just way too much fun to fret over mistakes.

It was great to see my agents Michael & Christina there tonight. He's had a "Dad" in the show since it opened 8 years ago, so it was nice of him to come. He had an interesting opinion, observing that this was the "Meisner" version of MM!, meaning that it was more "real" and a little less "out there" and "musical theater-y". I took it as a compliment, as we're trying to tell this story from a more organic, less "schtick-y" place. The challenge will be to continue that performance.

Tomorrow, another shoe fitting at T.O.Dey, master shoe maker, and photo call!

No comments:

Post a Comment