Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Thoughts....


Sunday things I've yet to touch on -

* Friday's show was a terrific audience, enlivened by the fact that the production was shooting B-roll; footage to be used in commercials and promotional material for the show. Ray, our very funny "Eddie" in the show, was on a Jet Blue flight recently and saw a MM! promo and realized he was in it! He didn't even know it was out there.
The audience was amazing but they really threw the three Dad's off our game as we got major entrance applause. We never get that! We had to hold for a few seconds, waiting for it to die down before we continued. Strange but fun.

*Facial hair, let's just talk about it. I knew, deep down, that it was coming. It happened last week, actually, when Sandy our hair supervisor came to my dressing room and told me that word had come down from on high that David and I looked too similar and something had to be done. It was decided I should try and grow facial hair. I can grow a quick beard - 4 days and it's in. Well, they loved it - very scruffy and rugged. And a pain in the ASS for me! Now for the next year I gotta walk around looking like I lost my razor three days ago, and it itches like hell! Anything for theater - and Braun. They should pay me for sponsorship!

*And now, a word or two about choreography. When you're taught a dance step, you should do it every time. I was having so much fun tonight in our finale singing "Waterloo" that I messed up not one or two steps, but literally EVERY step. Embarrassing; and yet not, because ultimately it's all about the joy, and believe me, I was spreading it.

*Favorite moment - walked out the stage door and met an elderly woman and her 83 year old, wheelchair bound, disabled mother from County Claire in Ireland, here to see their first Broadway show ever - Mamma Mia! I'm humbled. Both were ecstatic and loved it.

I repeat the immortal words of Jerry Orbach, "They must pay us for the waiting around, because surely we would do the acting for free!"

No comments:

Post a Comment