Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Credit Where Credit Is Due


I play hockey with a bunch of crybabies!  Everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame and apparently they think I can give it to them. Assuming anyone beyond my family reads this blog, I now bestow celebrity and stardom on the following slackers:
Doug, aka "Bert", aka "Kovalov"- you're a weaselly puck hog, but you're also an artist so you get a bye.
Scotty - if you weren't such a (word I can't print here), you'd be okay too.
Uri - there, "Stinky", I mentioned your name, now stop complaining!
Coco the Racist Goalie - haven't seen you for a while, we miss your whitty, racist comments.
Fuzzball - Where the hell are you? Raising gerbils in Chicago?
Paulie - When you're not hungover, you're great between the pipes.
Billy - Ditto, only in front of the pipes.
Big Nick,aka "Gigantor", aka "The Ice Manatee" - Your girlfriend Scotty called, wants you to pick up some tampons at the grocery store.
Big Mike, aka "The Snow Ape" - Thanks for the continual supply of lefty equipment.
Terry - Seems you got swallowed up at the U.S. Open. Venus Williams shove a ball down your throat, too?
Val, aka "Valishnikov" - you're socks look snazzy, but you gotta finish, my friend.
I'm sure I've missed a few and I know I'll hear about it, but for a ragtag group of posers, it's more fame than you deserve.
Best,
Minut, aka "The O.C."
There, now that that's out of the way, we can get back to the business of "The Mia", as we call it.

Monday's show was like a group hangover, only with a great audience. They were very into it, but the end of a long weekend, and the knowledge that we're still in the middle of a 13 show run left us reeling from the long weekend.  But we're pros, so we take it in stride and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment