Saturday, October 3, 2009

Two Shows And A Snotty Nose


So excited to do two shows again. My cold has really subsided, though it helped that I took a hot shower last night and tried, for the first time, an "improvised" Netty pot, which is a kind of nasal douche. I took a cup of hot water, mixed in some salt, got in the shower and took an old medicine dropper of my kids and sprayed warm saltwater up my nose. Wow! It was disturbing, painful, somehow slightly erotic, and in the end left me dizzy and gagging - laughing hysterically as I blew snot and salt water all over myself! Thank God I was in the shower.
That done, I got a good nights sleep, ready for today's shows.
They did not disappoint. Terrific audiences for both. Really responsive, loving the show. I'm especially having fun with the "Take A Chance" scene with Allison. She's so great to work with, so receptive and open. I know she's enjoying it as much as I am and the payoff comes with the audience's enthusiastic response. It's just gotten better each time and what's wrong with bringing them a little joy, I ask you that?!
Can't wait for two more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment