Saturday, September 5, 2009

In Memoriam

I just want to take a moment and touch base with you all. I feel a bit odd, taking time away from this show that I have, so far, LOVED doing, for personal reasons. It's like I'm cheating on a lover that I've promised to be faithful to. The creative and management team of MM! have been wonderful and very accommodating and of course the reason for the time off, the death of my Brother in law, is certainly valid and has warranted all my attention. But now, in a complete reversal, I am to return to rehearsal tomorrow feeling a bit like I did around the time of 911, when I went to work thinking "What's the point of all this? Why am I doing this?" I know in my mind that I am loving this experience and I will certainly move forward, as the human spirit does, and prevail. But my heart hurts right now for the loss of our Brad and I try to make sense of it.

I wrote this to a friend tonight and I repeat it here:

And now, I guess, in that strange way that always happens - life goes on. Every one's life has value and, as much as Brad seemed like "just another obligation" in our lives, I know I will miss him and his sweet and gentle presence. God rest his soul.
So...

No comments:

Post a Comment